Reputation: 26 Excellent
|Active Posts:||112 (0.11 per day)|
|Most Active In:||General Discussion (84 posts)|
|Joined:||27 March 11|
|Last Active:||Today, 03:41 AM|
Posts I've Made
23.11.2013 @ 00:17So is it a story or gameplay trailer...? What a tease!
I hope it's similar to the Witcher 2 preview.
28.10.2013 @ 17:03There's a side-story in the Witcher: Enhanced Edition that allows Geralt to interact with a character similar to Renfri.
QuoteThe story shares many similarities with the short story "The Lesser Evil".
Noble girl born under the Black Sun and the mage after her.
A mage with a highly realistic illusionary abode, complete with a partner of the opposite gender.
A letter of safe conduct from a king with a spelling error.
27.10.2013 @ 00:37Happy birthday Geralt! And thank you, CDPR for making such phenomenal games, and to Mr. Sapkowski for creating the Witcher saga.
My favourite moments would be:
1) Exploring the Outskirts of Vizima during daytime; it was quite a surreal experience. I felt like I was transported back in time to a village in Medieval Europe. I truly enjoyed the phenomenal music and observing the interactions between the villagers. It was definitely an immersive moment.
2) Another example would be exploring Vizima's Trade Quarter for the first time. The Peaceful Moments music was absolutely brilliant and helped to convey the grandeur and security of the Trade Quarter in contrast to the Temple Quarter and Swamps.
3) I enjoyed interacting with Siegfried as I admired his noble and gallant behaviour. He is the perfect archetype of the chivalrous knight! My favourite moment was when he asked me what he should name his new unit after the Battle of the Swamps. Whoever hired Siegfried's VA should be commended!
Last but not least ...
4) Purchasing a copy of the Witcher for the first time. I was thoroughly impressed by the Witcher 2 reveal trailer when it was announced a few years ago. I immediately contacted local retailers for a copy of the original game, but they were all sold out except for an EB Games location. I was disappointed to acquire a used copy of the game, but thought it was better than nothing. I enjoyed the extra goodies that CDPR bundled with it; the map, game guide, and bonus discs. The game itself was truly exceptional, and I regarded it as my favourite RPG (it had surpassed the original World of WarCraft)
By the time of the Witcher 2 release, I had purchased a copy of the Collector's Edition, a brand new copy of the Enhanced Edition, the European Collector's Edition, Polish Collector's Edition, digital copies on STEAM and Good Old Games, and the English translations of the saga! I've even gifted several copies of the video game and books to friends and associates.
Favourite Witcher 2 moment:
1) Foltest's army breaching the walls of La Valette's castle.
2) Finally defeating Letho during his encounter with Geralt in Flotsam.
3) Saskia's speech to the defenders of Vergen during Henselt's final assault on the walls.
4) Roche and Ves helping Geralt against Vanhemar and the Nilfgaardians.
26.10.2013 @ 16:23I think junk items should be removed from the game. They were an interesting gimmick in the Witcher 2, but was also a burden for his inventory as well (you can't even do anything with them!). They're useful for obtaining spare change from merchants, but I think Geralt should rely on hunting monsters or vicious beasts instead.
19.08.2013 @ 05:42CDPR should bring back the voice actor for W1's Siegfried.