Topics I've Started
09.02.2013 @ 15:00I have been encouraged to make this thread by the most recent developer interview (http://www.gameinfor...-wild-hunt.aspx), which asked us to voice our opinions if we wanted something to appear in TW3 really badly. So, here goes...
It is suggested in the gameinformer article that the choice between Triss and Yennefer in the upcoming game has already been decided for us. This startled me, because I believe that CDPR should leave the final choice up to us, the players. Here is some of my reasoning:
1) The entire purpose of the amnesia plot device was to enable the players to have an input on Geralt's identity. Throughout both games, we were given the opportunity to decide Geralt's beliefs, his world views, his take on the politics and of course, the status of his relationship with Triss. Forcing Yennefer on us would contradict the choices made by those players who did decide to pursue Triss, wasting potential character development and diminishing the narrative of the series as a whole for them.
2) Many people, myself included, have not read the books, and therefore feel nothing for Yennefer. On the other hand, we have had two games to become emotionally attached to Triss. Even if Yennefer were to be well introduced in the third game, it would still be three games to one. We shouldn't be forced to settle for a less known character in the games simply because the books say so.
3) TW3 should provide a satisfying conclusion for all - Those of us who do like Triss and chose her in TW1/2 would essentially be left with a disjointed experience. We shouldn't have to play the games in a specific way to get a satisfying conclusion that makes sense. CDPR gave us choices, we made those choices, how about following up on them?
4) It would rob the players of one more game changing choice.
5) The Shani incident...enough said.
There you have it. Is it too early to talk about this stuff? I don't think so. I would rather act now while things can still be changed rather than settle for what could potentially be a larger scale Shani incident. If the choice is already in the game, then this thread is pointless and CDPR can shrug and move on. If not, then this thread shows that there is demand for a choice. Either way, it doesn't hurt to voice an opinion.