Posts I've Made
24.12.2012 @ 23:43
Vinterberg said:I don't see why Witcher 2 has to be "saved" from ridiculous mods, even those which breaks the lore.
It's only a game, it's not sacred ground or anything..
Sometimes I think some people take the Witcher franchise way too seriously />
The Witcher is not just some "randomly made up" fantasy game like TES (for example). It's not even loosely inspired by books or the world. As I've written before, it's HIGHLY defined by the the books. CDPR sticks to them pretty well. For god sakes, A. Sapkowski himself helped with some story issues for the game.
That's why I take it seriously. I just can't watch what is becoming of it with the mods (see as minds of the modders!). That might be the whole problem here. The whole idea of changind the solid TW world to something else. To some normal customizing game. Losing the idea of witchers or Geralt himself.
An example (the robe again). I generally don't mind the freaking robe. I mind the person who event thinks of a robe for Geralt. And the people who willingly downlaod it. It's like the wishlist forum - some guy wanted fast travel or sneaking (picklocking and so on) ability. Go play TES then, don't play The Witcher. But that's a whole different story, so I quit.
Nice holidays, everyone!
24.12.2012 @ 22:53
Plus, different people like different things, and that's okay. If someone enjoys thinking of Geralt as a mage, then they get to play him that way; it doesn't hurt MY game any if someone else has stuff they enjoy in their game. ›››
Well. And that's the problem of today games. The customization became a huge deal in RPGs. And it's a good thing, I like it. BUT! TW is a precise and definied character. Geralt IS NOT a mage. He's not. He's a witcher. And from what I see, he's more swordsman (in the books he couldn't even use signs in the end, remember?)
That's why I hate the robe and all the magic enhancing, because it's just outside the logic, rules and overall idea of TW world. Wizzards and sorceresses do magic, they laught at witcher and their childish tricks called signs.
As for the whiter hair - I see another eye for detail from CDPR here. Imagine the TW world. I doubt you'd be able to keep your hair snow white. I don't think they are grey, I see them as dirty white.
And one more thing, dear Corylea. As a "customer" of these mods I have a full right to criticize them. As a reader you criticize books, as a viewer you criticize movies, etc. Yes, it's great they do it for free, but since there's been a tremendous amount of sloppy work, I need to let them know, no mather how painful it may be (assuming from the minus count rising). You as a creator - don't tell me, you don't want your creations to be perfect. I want mine, too. So I would never present anything less than that. Just sayin'
21.11.2012 @ 09:31Hi guys! I hope the bad spirits will keep out with this one!
13.08.2012 @ 14:33- I don't want to see the multiplayer feature. No, thank you. The single player is awsome enough.
- No fast travel, sneaking and such as someone has mentioned a few pages earlier. Stupid, stupid idea.
- I would really love to see some more swordsman moves like pirouets and jumps, not the annoying clumsy rolling.
- For us who are your fans since the first Witcher you should definitely offer more - one lame sword in the beginning of TW2 is not enough. Not even close. A very interesting idea is the one with the skillpoints. And the best rewards to those who have imports from both TW.
- Even better minigames. The fistfights were ridiculously easy, what a shame. No challenge at all. And return of the great drinking games - I miss them dearly.
- Keep up the great work with details - soaking wet Geralt if it's raining and so.
- More more more romance AND detective-like quests! Let our hearts and brains join the gameplay once again.
- I hope for much "longer" game. TW2 is disappointingly short. Just a half of TW1.
- Stay true to the books, the whole spirit of TW world and once again keep your great work!!!