Finally I added everything I planned from the beginning and even more. This is the final version. I could make it prettier, but I fear that any deviation from the simplest design would only decrease readability.
What is new?
>>> Character tracking
>>> Character descriptions
And if you can discover them all, you will unlock one of the
And of course there are fixes and other changes too, for those see the full log at the bottom.
I want to thank everyone who read it, and those who commented it, your feedback means a lot to me, that is why this story was worth writing. Thank you!
If you have any ideas, opinions, questions or suggestions to share, please do so!
I hope you'll enjoy the new version.
It was extremely fun to do this project and I know one thing for sure: it won't be my last.
See you in the comments below and thanks again!
P.S. link: New Moon - an interactive witcher adventure
----------------- original post (with updated version number) -----------------
Hi there everyone!
I wrote a little story inspired by the witcher world, the magnificent books of Andrzej Sapkowsky* and the amazing games by CDPR.
It features Geralt as the main protagonist of course, but it is a whole new adventure told by an old traveller (narrator) sitting by the fire to his only listener (the player) who has by putting some words in (clicking on options) the power of influencing the plot (there are more than 135 clickable sentences throughout and 6 different epilogues).
Also html5 allows the browser to remember your progress, sou you can navigate away or even close it and it will wait for you when you return. On reload the page will ask you whether you want to continue or start anew.
The current version is 3.0 (final)***.
And here's the link: New Moon - an interactive witcher adventure
Thank you for reading. Any comment is appreciated.
david dot bertalan at outlook dot com
* I've read The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny so far, the Blood of Elves is next on my to read list and I wait for the others to be translated into my native language (which is Hungarian by the way).
** In theory IE 8+, Opera 10.5+, FF 3.5+, Chromium 4+, Safari 4+, but I haven't had the chance to test all of them myself.
*** I will correct reported bugs of course and I may still correct typos without further notice.
--------- change log ---------
- added: the chronicle and the epilogues are displayed when DEBUG mode is active
- added: already visited nodes are checked when DEBUG mode is active
- added: dynamic character descriptions
- added: achievements
- added: idle messages when the reader's been idle or away for 137, 69 and 42 seconds (sequentially)
- added: design elements, including collapsible sections at the end
- fixed: chronicles from earlier versions are now imported correctly, therefore more than 100% graph coverage no longer occurs
- fixed: DEBUG mode is no longer broken when no epilogues were unlocked
- fixed: the status of the bear is now tracked correctly (before a paragraph did not show up because of this)
- changed: consolidated the graph (removed unnecessarily parallel edges)
- changed: the 'invert colours' option moved to the right and is always visible
- changed: now the name field is pre-filled with the last used name
- corrected: continuity errors