CDPR opens another studio?
17.06.2013 @ 14:23 #2
Then again, once the studio is up and running, it might as well get a role of its own. Anyway it's nice to see them expanding.
I'm also interested in what's happening with CDPR USA (or whatever it's called). I know it's only an office, and not a studio, but it's been curiously lacking any presence during E3. Or perhaps they simply prefer to work away from the spotlights
17.06.2013 @ 16:00 #5
"The office is based in Cracow, within the Special Economic Zone. We plan on using the Zone's vested funding in the starting phase."
Kiciński added that the new team counts about 20 people, majority of whom have already worked with each other for some time, which guarantees they will be experienced and able to kick the project off quickly.
So, Red0oG, right on the spot
Additionally there are some other facts I quote below. They are probably known already, but just in case:
- TW3 is all well and according to plan;
- the production budget of TW3 will exceed 45 million PLN ($14 million), while its marketing budget is around $25 million and will mostly be covered by the distributors;
- first agreements with the distributors are to be signed in Q3 2013;
- work on CP2007 is going in full swing;
- PR-wise they are focusing exclusively on TW3;
- at E3 CDPR observed over three times bigger interest from the journalists and experts, in relation to 'before' (last year?);
- TW and TW2 sold 2.5 million copies each;
- they do not plan The Witcher 4, which would be a direct continuation of the current trilogy, but they deem it naive to assume they would not use the brand they've built;
- at the end of 2013 they plan to publish the first non-computer game based in the world of TW. It has small budget, but they expect high return from the investment.
17.06.2013 @ 17:19 #9
17.06.2013 @ 17:26 #10
Do You have any online portfolio? If Yes, please show some links />
17.06.2013 @ 17:36 #14
Im curious about that stuff, it could even be a tabletop game who knows.
17.06.2013 @ 17:38 #15
Literally Kiciński said 'games without electricity', so it'll be a board game, a pen and paper RPG, a card game, or something similar.
@Jack Bauer 24: what is what?
17.06.2013 @ 18:04 #16
Sorry, meant this quote " at the end of 2013 they plan to publish the first non-computer game based in the world of TW. It has small budget, but they expect high return from the investment."
17.06.2013 @ 18:43 #18
Jack Bauer 24 said:
Skyrim had a marketing budget of 100 million, not a game development budget.