Somes suggestions, notes, etc... for Witcher 3
20.02.2013 @ 15:46 #1
I make this thread for everyone, dev and players !
Befeore start my observations, i'll talk a little ahah.
So, i'm "only" 21yo, but got a very large database of rpg. Playing all the TES (Arena to Skyrim), Gothic (1 to 4), etc etc... and others titles less well-know (Bard' Tale, A Farewell to Dragon, Hazen...) its just for say i'm not a newbie on this king of game (indeed, i play only RPG hehe...) so i've see lot of good ideas in some indies RPG, some goods, and others not, but always try to improve the experience of the title. (mfw the first time i was drunk in fable TLC... and nothing on this since witcher 1 in 2007 holyshit.jpg)
(oh, and i talk only for pc )
Now, i start :
I] The annoying things
- QTE : This is totaly [insert rage name here) on pc. Why the f*** did you make that ? Regret the fistfighting of Witcher 1. I know its probably more harder on a 360, but on a pc, not really. So, for Witcher 3, pls, dont make QTE for this. You can keep the fight animations of W2 and use the fight system of W1, indeed, just "re-take" the fight system of W1 (just for this), sucession of hit unlock different animations.
- The poker dive POV : we dont see anything. Its really bad. We dont see what we do, and what the NPC do. And make it more attractive on W3. The sum of money is absurd. Only 55 gold against a master ? Yes, in W1 it was insane (lol @ 3k from Thaler in 48h) but you can found a just middle. Lock in real time (24h for example) how many times games we can play with the NPC.
- Beat'em'all : on the books, and in W1, Geralt was really fast, and makes awesome thing with is sword. Great sword man. Make it back in W3. I dont ask about the full sucession of W1. Maybe new. Or old. But add more stylistic hit from Geralt. He deserves it.
- Elixir : when we can done the insane and dark mode w/o drink any elixirs, there is a problem. (or just for the Keyran and detmold). I know its possible in W1 too, but in hard difficult its really "difficult" to done it w/o elixir. They are here because the witcher know the fight will be hard, and increase there skills. Not here for decoration. Pls, work on it for W3. (remember the Coccacidium in W1 - Bloodthirsty Vegetation - who was really insane to kill, even with elixir). I fell some "over power" from Geralt in W2.
- Inventory/UI : ok ok. Maybe for 360 its a cool thing, but for pc, after the optimisation, its better, i know, and i say thx, but back on the "grid inventory" for W3. The system of weight is pretty cool, but the grid inventory too. Mix them. For stats of items ? Make it appears in a "pop-up".
And the UI, remember (again, ahah) W1, where we have acces to all other menus (character, inventory, global menu..) from everywhere (in the inventory, we can move to character menu w/o exit this one.. W2 = I > exit > C...) and reachable by the mouse (keyboard + mouse). I've modded under Oblivion, i know its not really to make (xml edit + ini, but idk how guys you works)
- Dont compare yourself from Skyrim : (ok, its too late) You are totaly not the same dev. Bethesda (or Bugthesda, trollface.jpg) is a good studio, but see the massacre of Skyrim pls. backtodaggerfall.jpg We have lost lot a features between Daggerfall and Skyrim (or added in a DLC, ok ok, buy features who were present in a game from 1995...). And Witcher's universe is totaly different from TES's universe.
II] Things to add
- Back of the "drinks game". And add more NPC for play with him haha.
- Fight on the horse.
- Sneak hotkey, and not sneak on special event. I dont ask for a perfect system (like Thief), but add it. Infiltrate a cave for bring back a random object for a NPC on a quest. It will be good to steal it without clean the cave for example. : )
- No safe roads and pathway... from robbers, and monsters ! Geralt dont live on ponyworld.
- Make the "high" vampire (like Bruxa or Nosferat http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire ) really high, powerfull, and hard to deal with. Same for others monsters who can had, etc...
- Prostitupes pls haha, more sex, good in Witcher 1, more poor in W2.
- Interactible dialog (persuation, Axii, etc..) it was a really really good idea ! Add more of this in W3.
- Back of the usefull books for herbory. And add more plants (less in W2 than W1)
- Delete the fast menu (control) for mediation... Meditation in front a firebox or "take a chamber" are totaly better. And make "drinkable" elixir when we want, its taxing to drink from fast menu.
- More interactible environement (use aard on a pile of log for make a deviation from a pack of monster, etc...)
- I really hope the boats will be goodly implemanted (and take our horse with us)
- More mini-games, cut-throwing, arena, (w/o death of the ennemi)
- Random auto-generated quest (kill a big monster even no annoucement at the tavern/town... like trophy quest on 1, but w/o knowing reward)
I think its all, sry for grammatical mistakes, and others things like that.
I really hope a RED dev will read this, and awnser.
Immense ost cuntre les anemis du baillie,
Horeant que les corns sonnent l'ordre du vasseor,
Afin de reparer l'offense par l'ordalie.
20.02.2013 @ 15:58 #2
EDIT: Also have to disagree on Axii thing , it was a total bs , that made no sense.
20.02.2013 @ 19:05 #6
20.02.2013 @ 20:24 #8
That said, I'd like RED to refine the talent trees a bit. More specifically, add some much needed clarity to what attributes or skill is enhanced or augmented in step 2. I hate the fact that you don't know what the second spec gives in a particular skill since usually the second point is vastly different from the first one.
20.02.2013 @ 23:59 #9
21.02.2013 @ 20:16 #10