Why I love CD Projekt Red
02.02.2013 @ 13:52 #1
In the mean time I want to revisit the past and share some of the points that made me fall in love with CD Projekt Red:
1) DRM Free games .
2) Massive update for Original Witcher for free .
3)-Free Enhanced edition of The Witcher 2 as a 10+GB update for PC version .
4) When Xbox 360 version was announced , I was worried that they gonna focus on that platform specifically , yet we received updated visuals in Enhanced Edition of the PC version that were not present in console version like light shafts coming out of dying wrath , smoke and sparks when trap explodes , more demanding Cinematic Depth of field etc and showing PC footages to advertise enhanced edition instead of only showing recently released xbox 360 version (For Example : The Witcher 2 new elements trailer and changing locations trailer etc)
5) Red kt .
6) Announcing their upcoming games DRM free .
7) Friendly attitude toward customers .
8 )Branching paths in games .
9) Deep , non linear , mature RPGs that I had been wanting for years .
10) Tactical combat .
11) Even their graphics engine was more than capable to give cutting edge graphics in The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 yet they updated their Engine after The Witcher 2 , to Red Engine 3 instead of using same old engine .
12) Cinematic Story telling with great voice acting and music score .
13) Level of fidelity .
What you think guys .?
02.02.2013 @ 18:05 #3
Besides that, I'm absolutly agree with you
Intelligence, whether emotional or any otherwise, or is social or is not intelligence
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutemPlease, PM me for correct my English mistakes, if you don't mind. TY
03.02.2013 @ 11:27 #5
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." - George W. Bush
03.02.2013 @ 12:25 #6
04.02.2013 @ 01:02 #7
Who still remembers the unusual loading times before EE of the Witcher? If you recall gents, these same people went beyond their capabilities to reassure the fans that they are working on the problem and they did.
CDPR is really polite, and that's what I love with these guys.
04.02.2013 @ 09:12 #8
12) Cinematic Story telling with great voice acting and music score . ›››
I have to agree with most of your list, except for these two points.
The tactical combat ins't really that tactical. Or challenging. Or fun, for all that matters. They surely could improve a lot in that area.
About 12), I'm not really fond of games relying over cinematic presentation. It takes a lot of resources that could be better used to improve player agency.
I would gladly renounce to pretty much any "cinematic cutscene" in TW2 to make every environment more alive, filled with more content, more NPC and scenery interaction. To put it bluntly it's a plain and simple misuse of resources.
05.02.2013 @ 13:29 #9
14) The only company that hasn't crumbled at the feet of a mighty publisher... well, besides CCP, maybe.
15) A Friggin CYBERPUNK game in the making... seriously, there are only two companies left right now that could possibly pull that off!
07.02.2013 @ 03:00 #10