EE bug list for PC.
21.04.2012 @ 12:40 #23
21.04.2012 @ 12:44 #24
- Texture pop-ins (I haven't experienced before) and low framerates during dialogs/cutscenes. They must have messed something with depth of field, I get the worst framerates in fistfights where dof is the most noticable.
- Shadows on faces are still grainy and bloom is still overused.
- One still cannot change between the inventory and the journal without going back to the game.
- WASD buttons doesn't change the direction of swordhit, one has to move the camera towards the foes (discussed before).
- I imported 'Aerondight' from the first game and it can't be lost at the part with the dragon therefore the 'monsterslayer sword' mission in Flotsam is automatically completed.
- Geralt 'loses' his pants in the cutscenes of the prologue, they're moved to the inventory. It's possible that not in cutscenes but in the beginning of a new sequence (interrogation).
- It's a small thing but I managed to sneak out of the prison and save Aryan and he blew up the castle. Then on the ship, Roche says in one sentence that I should have not blown the whole thing up, then right after he says something about how cool I am being able to leave peace behind me.
21.04.2012 @ 13:37 #26
Mahakaman Rune Sihil and Moonblade from my save import and equip standard blades.
Randomly having minor looting issues, related to Geralts pathfinding.
One would assume it's a performance problem, but it isn't, the game was running and still is great for me, and the looting thing wasn't a problem before EE.
21.04.2012 @ 13:57 #27
-Last bomb(any type) in a stack will not have any effect/damage
-Poisoned harpy claw throwing daggers never inflict poison
-Sting throwing daggers never freeze
-Clawer trap never causes bleeding
Items I didn't get to test yet though I've a gut feeling they're still bugged:
-Damage listed for silver throwing daggers is incorrect(all types of silver throwing daggers list 50-70 damage)
-No difference between silver throwing daggers and "steel" ones in terms of how much damage they deal to monsters vs how much damage they deal to humans
Item that was finally fixed:
Dragon's Dream bombs seem to work as intended now
I must say I do not understand how these bugs went unnoticed by CDPR and so many players as well it would seem. I really hope CDPR will read this and fix these bugs at some point in the near future.
21.04.2012 @ 20:30 #32
21.04.2012 @ 20:41 #33
At the gallows during the cutscene with Loredo or rather invisible Loredo during the whole cutscene but as soon as the cutscene finished Loredo magically appeared
Inside the inn cannot talk with Dandelion at all or Roche , the only thing that Zoltan says is "It`s a dogs life , i`ll tell you that much" . And yes this is during the first conversation directly after the gallows . Dandelion`s name doesn`t appear over his head either .
21.04.2012 @ 22:57 #34
22.04.2012 @ 00:12 #35
22.04.2012 @ 05:29 #37
Snare traps do zero damage to Geralt. They trip, and he cries out, but they hit for zero. Maybe this is intentional, but if so, I'm not sure it's a good thing.
The drunk effect is gone. Geralt's vision remains clear when he's drunk. Not that this matters in gameplay, but it's a loss of a visually interesting feature.
And performance on high-performance GPUs is down overall, but it's killed if you leave Cinematic Depth of Field enabled. Other settings aren't as deadly. It appears to be mostly just this one. This is a shame, because I enjoyed the DOF effect.
All desire to shirk,
Shall during off hours exhibit his powers
To Madame Tussaud's wax-work.
[G&S, "A more humane Mikado"]
22.04.2012 @ 05:33 #38
And yes many people, including myself, have attempted to edit the user.ini file in order to get the foliage pop in to stop, but nope, still keeps happening!
22.04.2012 @ 06:54 #39
22.04.2012 @ 07:24 #40
Looking at the other bugs in the thread that seem common I have not experienced:
- Black screen when Dandelion is narrating between chapters. This happened between prologue and arrival in flotsam. (I use 16:9)
And I have experienced:
- Blue Stripes Combat Jacket and D'yaebl get automatically equipped when changing Prologue chapters, replacing my Raven's Armor. Trousers get unequipped at the same time. (trousers did not unequip for me, but armor got replaced)
- Diagrams already purchased don't have a check mark next to them in shops...what? This was already implemented in ver. 2.0 and they took it out? (I did not play v2.0, only the original game version but did not see this feature active)
- If the Axii against the priest in the prologue fails, he still talks. (failed for me too)
- When importing a save file from the Witcher 1, I have a Mahakaman Rune Sihil in my inventory although I never received the sword in the first game. (I'm pretty sure I didn't get this sword either)
I patched the game with the EE patch, but am not sure what version I was patching. Probably the latest one prior to EE. I'm only at the beginning of chapter 1. The major bug for me is the foliage pop-in.