- When you select to enable cloud storage, you can choose to copy over your existing saves. Please note that we can't guarantee compatibility between older versions and the Enhanced Edition and that saves in the third act are not compatible due to the large number of changes and improvements it's had. Our recomendation is starting a new game.
- Unfortunately it should be noted that because new files are created, the file modification times are lost, and so the order of the save files may be incorrect, so be wary of hitting continue straight away (New saves will have the correct time stamps so it shouldn't remain a problem for long).
- Your original save files in "My Documents\" will remain safe and untouched if cloud saving is enabled.
- The new save location will look something like: C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\<steamid>\20920\remote\. (If you're the only person who uses your steam install, then there should only be one or two directories inside "userdata\")
- Insane saves are not stored on the cloud to prevent cheating/exploiting the one death rule.
- Once enabled, you will always use the steam method of saving games, turning off cloud saving in the menu will simply stop storing saves on the cloud, and only have them stored locally.
- If you wish to return to the old method of saving games ("My Documents\"), you will need to delete all save games stored on the cloud and in the steam directory, and then turn off steam cloud saving in the menu.
- In the Steam library, if you right click->properties and go to the "updates" tab, you'll see how much space you have available for storing files on steam cloud. When you reach this limit, don't worry, your oldest saves will be automatically removed from the cloud (but not from your hard drive) to make space for new ones
If you have any problems with cloud saving, please reply to the post and I'll do my best to investigate what's going wrong for you
There was a minor update for The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition on Steam today, this fixes the problem with cloud saving failing to create new saves when the 100MB limit is reached.
This post has been edited by Dan Forever: 27.04.2012 @ 12:03