New game from Top Gop!
03.04.2012 @ 09:14 #1
03.04.2012 @ 09:37 #3
03.04.2012 @ 11:11 #8
The premise looks very promising, I just wonder, how a developer like Deck13 fits into that concept, lol. City Interactive is also not exactly known for extraordinary games. Lets hope, Tom Gop gives them an extraordinary edge.
03.04.2012 @ 11:59 #10
But still, if Tom Gop is to assure the quality of the production even though the game itself is not really ambitious, I won't mind a little bit "lighter", combat focused RPG.
03.04.2012 @ 12:44 #13
Well, maybe he just does what he does best? What's bothering you about it?
03.04.2012 @ 14:17 #14
I think I'm with gregski: What's the problem? At this stage, at least?
I mean, maybe it won't be any good, but we've got plenty of lead-time to see what they actually produce. I'm definitely curious to see what they can do with this kind of design when it's divorced from The Witcher lore just as I'm curious to see where CDPR takes TW from here.
05.04.2012 @ 12:54 #16
- the god was killed by the world's inhabitants
- on the northern side of the God's fallen body, that turned into a mountain chain live the mages, on the southern side - warriors
- it won't be a sandbox game a la Skyrim, but it will be possible to return to places we visited earlier
- there will be multiple endings, that are supposed to be shaped not only by our decisions but also by our play style
- character's progression and development won't be linear - you don't pick a class at the beginning, you shape your character as you progress with the game in the direction you desire
- Tom Gop's inspirations for the game: Borderlands, Dark Souls, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Kingdoms of Amalur or Batman: Arkham City.
06.04.2012 @ 11:44 #18
Let's just hope Tom's lead on the project helps the devteam (which, as someone noticed, doesn't really have an excellent reputation) to achieve a result worth of the interesting concept and gameplay premise.
06.04.2012 @ 14:30 #19
PC does not equal Windows. Personal computers run many different operating systems, like GNU/Linux and, why not, Windows. PC games should be available for all major platforms. Let's not be handcuffed and tied to one vendor. Utilize standard, cross-platform technologies!
** The Witcher IRC Channel (unofficial) ** irc://irc.xertion.org/TheWitcher ** Instant webchat: http://mibbit.com/#T...irc.xertion.org
07.04.2012 @ 16:42 #20
GOOD NEWS FOR RPG LOVERS!!!!
Tom Gop is the man!!!! Wish he was still with CDPR though!
950Watt PS, 128g Samsung SSD, 128g OCZ Agility4 SSD, 1tb Black Western Digital HDD,
LG BluRay Burner w/MDISC, 2 EVGA 660TI in SLI OCed just a wee bit, In a LANBOY AIR case!