The following principles are in effect for all pages and subpages of the www.thewitcher.com domain.
• Each time a user logs in and/or contributes to www.thewitcher.com, said user is considered to have acknowledged and accepted the provisions set out hereunder, as well as any and all amendments thereto.
• www.thewitcher.com is the property of CD Projekt RED and as such is continually monitored by forum moderators and CD Projekt RED staff. Moderators and staff have the right to remove any comments or block a user’s ability to add further comments without providing justification for any such action.
• The decisions of forum moderators or CD Projekt RED staff concerning a given user, as well as any related opinions expressed by any of these parties, shall be considered confidential to said parties. As such, they shall not be discussed on www.thewitcher.com.
• CD Projekt RED as the owner and operator of www.thewitcher.com shall not bear responsibility for any comments or content posted by users on www.thewitcher.com. The views and opinions posted by users shall be considered solely their own.
2. Detailed Provisions
• All acts forbidden under Polish law are also forbidden on www.thewitcher.com. This shall include but not be limited to the publication of posts:
- advocating or in any way contributing to the violation of copyright laws,
- promoting alcoholic beverages, other intoxicating substances and narcotics, as well as their use,
- the content of which could be considered pornographic, sexist, racist, etc.,
- the content of which could be construed as insulting to third parties or other users of www.thewitcher.com,
- revealing private correspondence, where publication of said correspondence occurs without the consent of its author or authors.
• Any user committing one or more of the offenses mentioned above may:
- be permanently denied access to and banned from using www.thewitcher.com,
- have their e-mail address and IP reported to relevant authorities charged with prosecuting parties who commit the aforementioned offenses.
General principles of Internet conduct for on–line communities:
• All users are required to:
- state their opinions in a civilized manner,
- adhere to thread topics in publishing their posts,
- read the thread Forum Announcements - ignorantia iuris nocet (ignorance of the law is harmful).
- all other provisions hereunder shall apply as relevant.
• Users may not:
- include any offers or advertisements in the body of their forum posts; content of this type is admissible in signatures, provided that it is non–commercial in nature,
- spam and/or publish posts lacking meaningful content,
- engage in spoiling the fun of other users, which includes but is not limited to ridiculing or otherwise denigrating other forum users,
- seek out loopholes in these terms and conditions with a view towards exploiting them.
- sll other provisions hereunder shall apply as relevant.
Any user committing one or more of the offenses delineated above may:
• be reprimanded in writing,
• receive a written warning,
• be temporarily or permanently banned from accessing and using www.thewitcher.com.
Each written warning after the second (if the first was for a slight offense), or including the second (if the first was for a medium or heavy offense) will automatically entail a temporary or permanent ban on access to and use of the forum.
3. Concluding Provisions
• In all matters not expressly provided for hereunder, forum users shall accept and abide by the ruling(s) of forum moderators.
• Final decisions on any and all disputed matters shall rest with forum moderators, who shall base said decisions on the general principles of Internet conduct for on–line communities and on the assumption that users act in good faith.
• All complaints regarding forum moderators or appeals against their decisions shall be examined and resolved by CD Projekt RED as represented by Keth. Submissions of this type should take the form of private communications or e-mails. Any complaint or appeal submitted otherwise shall be null and void.
• The provisions hereunder shall take effect January 10, 2010.
This post has been edited by Keth: 18.05.2012 @ 16:09