Ghouls in the Crypt...
12.02.2011 @ 01:36 #2
strong sword style and aard sign for stun
also it may help if before you go into the crypt to visit the place of power just outside the crypt , that will give the aard a little extra boost
12.02.2011 @ 01:39 #3
A couple of tips:
1. Use Strong style. The ghouls aren't fast enough to need Fast style, and Strong style does more damage.
2. Use Necrophage Oil on your blade if you have it; it greatly increases the damage.
3. The ghouls "pop up" when you get close to them. If you run around quickly, you'll trigger a lot of ghouls at once, and when you're low-level, as you are at the beginning of Chapter 1, a lot of ghouls can overwhelm you. So ... don't run around quickly! Move a short distance, trigger ONE ghoul, and kill that one. Move a short distance, trigger the next ghoul, and kill that one. If you happen to trigger several at once, remember that you're a LOT faster than they are. You can run (back in the direction you came from, so you don't trigger MORE ghouls) and use that time to heal up.
4. Drink a Swallow before you enter the crypt, to help with your healing speed.
5. Eat food while you're in the crypt. The healing bonus to food doesn't last that long, but it STACKS with that from Swallow, so you can have both of them going at once.
6. Don't forget to use your signs. Blast a ghoul with Aard, and you might stun it and kill it quickly. Even if you don't, you can get it off of you for a few moments, if you need the time to drink a potion, run away, eat some food, or whatever.
Good luck and have fun!
Edited to add: Tommy and I posted at the same time. Sorry for the overlap. :-)
16.02.2011 @ 00:53 #5
19.02.2011 @ 17:57 #6
Plus, it would show people how wonderfully helpful we are here on The Witcher forum. :-)
08.04.2011 @ 05:05 #7
08.04.2011 @ 05:46 #8
There's something that has to happen in the story before that wall can come down. Go back to Mikul, tell him that you killed his ghouls, then listen to what he has to say.