[ACT I] the beast help
25.10.2007 @ 23:28 #1
26.10.2007 @ 03:53 #2
then you need to distroy all the weak monsters because at some time they will stop coming
and then take a swalow potion and attack the beast with the strong stile thats how it worked for me ;) ;D
sory for my english!
26.10.2007 @ 04:24 #3
26.10.2007 @ 21:21 #6
26.10.2007 @ 21:37 #7
and Abigail dies, after 5 seconds :/
26.10.2007 @ 22:07 #8
Reloaded 3 or 4 times now, but so far no luck. Quite a difficulty spike, too - it's the first (and second, third and fourth) time I died in the game (on normal).
26.10.2007 @ 22:10 #9
26.10.2007 @ 22:13 #10
26.10.2007 @ 22:49 #11
26.10.2007 @ 23:43 #13
Unluckily, I have no Swallow potions available for the fight, but seeing how fast I die, I doubt the few Vitality points restored would benefit. Abigail always dies about 3-5 seconds into the fight, there is absolutely no way of keeping her alive (or conscious for that matter). I take a Blizzard potion at the start, wich helps a great deal in evading a bunch of the attacks of the Barghests, but it seems to have no effect on the Beast's attacks. He usually stuns me before I can finish the first combo (Group style), and at that point I'll loose 60-70% of my vitality due to every damned dog nibbling on me. Knockbacks seem to have no effect either. I'm getting quite desperate here. Any help would be appreciated. I just hope I don't have to dig into my savegames to re-prepare for the fight and loose hours of playtime.
Ah yes, and is there any way to reduce difficulty during gameplay? I'd love to just lower it to Medium, get over with it, and put it back to Hard. It'll take a bit of the fun away, but being stuck for ages is no fun either :-P
Thanks in advance!
27.10.2007 @ 00:03 #14
I think you should go back a few savegames (easy since the game autosaves a lot), and prepare quite a few potions and an oil/grindstone. The fight isn't easy on normal, most people'll need the preparations on normal already. I'd go as far as to say that being fully buffed is mandatory for defeating it on hard. (like it should, imo)
27.10.2007 @ 00:29 #15
27.10.2007 @ 00:48 #16
Im about ready to throw the game out the window.
The last cutscene was awesome,
but I've lost count of how many times I died on the beast section.
This is really poorly balanced.
Does anyone have a god mode cheat?
Im ready for that, I just want to move on.
27.10.2007 @ 02:05 #17
1. Enable the ability Monster Lore (Intelligence). You will be able to complete side quests that require ingredients found in the remains of monsters. Side quests provide a lot of experience points.
2. Enable the abilities that add damage points, pain points and bleeding points to your attacks. Do not enable abilities that work only in special circumstances (drunk, low health, night, etc.).
3. Do not enhance your silver sword attacks. You will not get a silver sword in Chapter 1.
4. Gather ingredients to make potions. The potions swallow, blizzard and thunderbolt are quite useful, especially for a boss fight.
5. Do not buy food or weapons yet.
6. Side quests are your friends. You gain at least 2 levels of experience (6 bronze talents) when you complete most of the side quests in Chapter 1.
7. Personal choice: boost the sign of Aard. It is very useful against the boss of Chapter 1.
27.10.2007 @ 09:17 #18
Apparently I have made the 'wrong' choices when upgrading my character.
As much as I am enjoying many other aspects of the witcher, its been a long time since a game has made me so angry from getting stuck. Its still very early in the game and Im playing on normal.
27.10.2007 @ 10:18 #20
Imaginos, yes it is.
Thanks for the advice everyone. Finally managed to take him down, but it came down to luck in the end after all, a few lucky group style blows killed every Barghest, and the first Aard sign I used knocked the Beast down, so I could finish him.