01.10.2008 @ 09:13
my experience rewards changes are not figured out of nowhere. these are original, base values increased by same percentage for all enemies. conclusion is that kikimore worker and alp already had illogical experience rewards in original the game, with +% bonus from mod it became ridiculous. i reduced the bonus to original value but increased exp reward from very tough monsters like cementaur or garkain. cementaur - real king of the necrophages, strongest carrion undead which with mod will seriously kick your ass after %increase still gave mere 480 experience and garkain 640.
now for little explanation of sign strenght decrease. it will be hard to stun or knock strongest enemies. they are not supposed to be stun/killed in one second so their resistance to aard effects is higher on all enemies by 25%. igni sign always was a one great "imba" - unbalance. beggining of the game isnt so igni focused because one has just enough energy to cast igni twice. at around level 30 you have enough energy + igni cost decrease to spam igni 6 times one after another. drink maribor forest and towny owl and you could burn everything without drawing a sword from the back. igni damage is based on enemy max hit points so high vitality monsters were hit with obscene ammounts of damage. before the mod i could hit wesper - garkain boss for 880 damage!! and that was already with 25% igni damage reduction. with original igni damage i imagine it could be 1400. that's sick.
considering the fact that in late game you can spam igni and after emptying energy bar, with tawny owl you can recharge it very quickly, 6x igni spam deals around 40% enemy total health damage, leaving them with 60%. this forces a player to think, fight with both sword and signs not just igni ftw!, and sometimes when you face couple of strongest enemies in the game at a time, kite, run away a bit and avoid being surrounded. besides, whatever damage igni is doing now, if you think its small, remember that igni allows you to deal damage from distance meaning you are safe from melee damage. igni will save your life quite often, just now remember bringing tawny owl
i hope you'll like the result.
Victory demands no explanation, failure allows none.