Atari Germany offers troubleshooting regarding 2 frequent error messages:
Please insert original DVD:
Atari exchanges your broken game DVD 1 http://forums.eu.ata...ead.php?t=86465
1) Send an email with your postal adress with your EE cd key number to TWEE@atarisupport.de !!
2) you will get a new DVD 1 as soon as possible.
!! This is for Germany only. Such beeing the case this error message also refers ot other international versions, please check your local Atari agency or check the Atari forum of your country.
Upgrade message patch 1.4 and patch 184.108.40.2060
Problem: You have already the complete new EE version but when you start your game the message "check for new patch upgrade" flashes and you are recommanded to download patch 1.4 though you already have patch 220.127.116.110.
This is nonsense ;D If you have already 18.104.22.1680 you don't need patch 1.4.
Don't download patch 1.4 then!
Q: Game crashing or DVD not recognized on systems running Nero 7 or Symantec Suites
Tip: Try to disable these applications and run/install the game ( quit the application, and end any left over processes in the TaskManager, even uninstall them and reboot, since they may leave active processes still running in the background that you can't terminate and that may interfere with the game )
Q: Bonus DVD not recognised by the Installer
Tip: You might try to make an image of the disk and use that to continue installing:
0. Download and install the freeware tool MagicDisk from http://www.magiciso....sc-overview.htm.
1. Insert your Enhanced Edition install DVD.
2. Launch MagicDisc and select Make CD/DVD Image from the tray icon.
3. Ensure that the drive containing the DVD is selected in the Source CD/DVD-ROM drop-down menu.
4. Choose an appropriate location and name to store an 'image' of this DVD under Output File. For convenience I called mine Witcher1.
5. Click on OK. It'll take quite some time (10-20 minutes) so go and watch TV or something and come back later.
6. Do the same for the Bonus Content Disc, calling it anything you want - Witcher2 sounds good.
7. From the MagicDisc tray icon, go to Options and disable Autoverify (you may leave it on if you wish, but it takes a few minutes to verify and seems pointless - I've had no problems with this disabled - in fact I installed it without verifying).
8. From the MagicDisc tray icon, select Virtual CD/DVD-ROM, then to G: No Media (may not be G: but doesn't matter),. Select this then Mount. Then navigate to Witcher1 and open it.
9. Continue to install as you normally would (or wouldn't, as the case may be), and when the installer asks from the "Bonus Game Content Disc", repeat step 8 and select Witcher2 before continuing with the installation. It actually works!
10. Once the installation is finished, select Virtual CD/DVD-ROM again, click on Witcher2 and Unmount.
11. Insert the original install DVD and play.
Yes, it looks long-winded, but once you're done at least you can play the damn game. I've only tried it on one machine, but if this worked for me I don't see why it can't work for anyone else.
Yesterday I went to the local Gameshop in Zurich, Switzerland to buy myself a copy of the Enhanced Edition. Everything on the box was in German, btw. When I tried to install the game, the process was really slow. After 40 minutes, the DVD began to rotate like crazy in the drive. (I own the regular version of the Witcher and it didn't seem to take this long to install the last time) I checked the installer, it was installing all the music files for the game. I tried to cancel the process, but no success. So I force shut down my computer to try it a second time... alas the same thing, the only difference was, that it happened a little earlier this time. When I try to copy the files from the dvd to a folder on my harddrive, the same problem, suddenly the disk rotates like crazy and makes a loud, rattling noise...
So my question is: Has the german retail version a bugged DVD and isn't shipped because of that in Germany until the 25th of September?
[MOD]Added some info[/MOD]